Call for Nominations
Georgia Tech invites you to nominate yourself or someone that works in manufacturing to become a Face of Manufacturing. The program will honor hard-working, dedicated people throughout the state who work within or are affected by manufacturing companies. These stories will help showcase manufacturing’s impact to Georgia communities and continue to promote manufacturing as a thriving industry within the state.
Contact Katie Takacs at email@example.com with questions.
It’s time to tell your story!
Nominations for 2017 “Faces” are open through Friday, December 2.
In 2017, GaMEP will honor 1 Face from each of the 12 designated Georgia Regions.
To nominate yourself or someone you know WITHIN THE STATE OF GEORGIA, please fill out the below nomination form.
Who Represents the Faces of Manufacturing?
- Anyone can nominate themselves or someone they know.
- Stories should be:
- True and accurate
- Tied back to how manufacturing has affected the nominee’s life. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Turnaround stories: hard times changed by a steady job within a plant
- A veteran returning from overseas working in manufacturing
- Students on scholarship through manufacturing companies
- Fourth generation manufacturing families
- Adolescent affected by manufacturing
- Started own company out of garage
- The nominee must be employed by a manufacturing company or must have ties to manufacturing (i.e. family, recently retired, in school for a manufacturing career, etc.).
- You may nominate yourself or someone you know. If you nominate someone else, the nominee must give you permission.
- If applicable, your current company must provide consent to participate.
- If selected, the nominee must sign a release.
Faces of Manufacturing recipients will be selected by committee consisting of representatives from Georgia Tech, partner organizations (economic development and manufacturing associations), and manufacturing companies. Award selection criteria include, but are not limited to:
- The nominee’s story as it ties together the influence manufacturing has had on them, their family, and/or their community.
- The nominee’s ability to create positive impact on the people around them
- The nominees ability to positively represent and support manufacturing within the community and Georgia
- The nominee should be respected and recognized by his/her peers within their company (if applicable)
Each chosen Face of Manufacturing will receive local and statewide recognition through:
- Social media
- Local and statewide partners supporting manufacturing (examples include chamber of commerce)
- Georgia Tech
- National MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) organization
- Video and pictures
- And more.
Each “Face of Manufacturing” will have the opportunity to approve their story. Stories will also need to be approved by each recipient’s company.
Sign-up below to receive GaMEP’s monthly e-newsletter, Manufacturing Connect. The newsletters contain white papers, tip sheets, and more valuable resources that help manufacturers grow and stay competitive.
The GaMEP would like to honor all nominations. By clicking submit, you are agreeing to have a portion of the submitted story (pulled from the nomination form) highlighted within the Faces campaign.